Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:25 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Linda's got a new series for fall!
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: Enterprise This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
teya
Commander

PostFri May 12, 2006 3:05 pm    Linda's got a new series for fall!

The futoncritic reported yesterday that NBC has picked up the series "Raines"--costarring Linda Park--for the 2006-2007 season.

Quote:
Raines" then revolves around an eccentric but brilliant cop (Jeff Goldblum) who talks to dead victims that help him solve his cases. Dov Davidoff ("My Suicidal Sweetheart"), Linda Park ("Star Trek: Enterprise"), Luis Guzmn ("Luis"), Matt Craven ("Assault on Precinct 13") and Nicole Sullivan ("Hot Properties") also star in the NBC Universal Television-based hour, which comes from creator Graham Yost and director Frank Darabont. Peter Noah ("The West Wing") has also come aboard as an executive producer via his new one-year overall deal with the studio. He'll serve alongside fellow executive producers Yost and Preston Fischer.

-------signature-------

Resume your disorder.

Reply with quote Back to top
TrekkieMage
Office Junkie

PostFri May 12, 2006 5:06 pm    

Hm. It sounds a tad...formulaic.

Superman
Fleet Admiral

PostFri May 12, 2006 7:57 pm    

TrekkieMage wrote:
Hm. It sounds a tad...formulaic.

Yeah, it does a little. It has similarities with Medium. Still, I'd give it a chance.

TrekkieMage
Office Junkie

PostFri May 12, 2006 9:39 pm    

As well as more than a few others...Ghostwisperer (or however you spell it), Tru Calling, as well as that classic mix of CSI (all three), NCIS, Law & Order (all three), Without a Trace, and I'm sure there are more...

Untitled
Commander

PostMon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 am    

Why can't people stop ripping off others with original ideas and then try to repeat the formula and beat it to death!?

Cathexis
The Angel of Avalon

PostMon Jul 03, 2006 1:54 pm    

I don't think it's all that similar to Law and Order (any of the three). No one's using dead people to help solve cases in any of the three version of that show. Same thing with Without A Trace.

But I see your point.

And it is a fine point. Very true.

I agree.

I cannot BELIEVE they picked up this series ????!!!! Why ?? It's pointless and I doubt it'll get enough ratings to continue beyond the pilot. I mean..everyone's right: WHY SHOULD WE WATCH THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER (just with different actors) ??

I started watching Tru Calling but it was too much like Medium so I switched over to The Dead Zone and, even though it's similar to those other shows.....it's not always about using dead people to solve cases. It's a good mix of all of that junk. I watch it only on occasion, along with The 4400, and that even less. It's....bizarre. But Alice Krige has been guest starring so I'm content.

-------signature-------

JOIN THE LATEST ADVENTURES OF THE USS CATHEXIS
STAR TREK: NIGHTFALL !!

djlazerx
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostTue Dec 26, 2006 3:54 am    

it will be gone next season trust me

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: