Friendly Star Trek Discussions Tue May 21, 2024 11:52 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Love Story
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Chit Chat This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
lord_picard
Captain

PostTue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 pm    Love Story

Hey guys, been a long time since i have been on this, but i am trying to do this assignment for my class, we have to talk about a love story, either one we have experience, or one we have read.

I know there are some really good star trek episodes with some great love stories that i'm just not thinking of and hope you guys can remind me of them, so if you could tell me the name of the episode, that would really help

but also, if you guys have any stories, either personal, or just love stories you have read that have touched you.. please share, almost everything i have read online has been the popular stuff, when i would much rather an unknown, very touching story. Please share

Reply with quote Back to top
Mister X
Crewman

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 am    

Dear child lord_picard,

Consider yourself blessed child for I, Mister X, have taken it upon myself to recommend the following episodes for your assignment:

Lessons (TNG) � In this episode Captain Picard falls in love with one of his subordinates, but he can't deal with having to order her into dangerous situations.

Star Trek: Insurrection � There is a love story, of sorts, between Picard and Anij with potential for future romance.

Qpid (TNG) � In this episode, Q picks up on romantic tensions between Captain Picard and an old flame, transporting them and the senior officers into a representation of Robin Hood.

I hope that this advice brings you one step further in your educational pursuits, child.

lord_picard
Captain

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm    

I ended up going with an episode from TNG "The Outcast" that the one where Riker falls in love with Soran, who is from a race with no gender. That in my opinion was the best love story episode i could think of. Especially the end where Riker tries to get her to come with him, but since they messed up her mind, she told him no.. Rikers final words to her 'but Soran.. i love you' and her responce back 'i'm sorry'.. just wow, writers should have won some kind of award for that piece of work.

Lt. Saavik
Lieutenant

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 pm    

I'd also suggest:

- "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", where a dying Bones falls in love with an alien high priestess of a people living into a spaceship (which they believed was a planet) about to crash onto an inhabited world;

- "In Theory", where Data commences (and, sadly, ends) a love affair with a crewmate.

buffyscrubs
Ensign

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 am    

Other than a passionate Boothstar trek voyager
and Bones kiss, Bones fans have looked forward to few things more than the possibility of Emily Deschanel's sister and fellow actress Zooey guest starring on the show. We may still be waiting on a Booth and Bones kiss, but the wait is over when it comes to Zooey guest starring.
Zooey will be joining big sister bones complete series
Emily this Thursday on Bones' the wire dvd
annual Holiday episode, "The Goop on the Girl." I had a chance to chat with both Emily and Zooey during a conference call about working together, their childhood Christmases, and more. The two are definitely sisters, Zooey monk dvd
and Emily spent the majority of the interview taking over each other, laughing at each other, and sounding virtually identical. It Dexter dvd boxset
was difficult to keep them straight, but an absolute delight to listen to. Behold, the most adorable interview ever.
What was it like working together as sisters?
Zooey: "It was fun."
Emily: "It was great, especially I think that firststar trek voyager dvd
day was less hectic. We had a scene. Itstar trek voyager complete series
was just Ryan O'Neill and the two of two and a half men dvd box set
us. It was really nice. It was great. We've never worked together before, except for our own plays that we've done together, right? "
Did you learn anything about each other you didn't know?
Zooey: "I don't know if I would say disney 100 years of magic dvd box set
I learned anything. But I definitely had a really good time."
Which one of you started acting first?
Zooey: " I feel like even though I'm younger, Isupernatural dvd
started working first professionally, but we both were interested in acting as kids. Emily finished school first."
Emily: "I think we both loved doing plays since we were really young. But I didn't think of it as doing it as a profession. I think Zooey knew she wanted to be an actress from when she was very young. WhereasThat 70s show dvd
I didn't think I wanted to do that..."
Zooey (interrupting): "Yes, you wanted to be an architect. I think you liked the way it sounded, maybe."
Emily: "No, I love architecture. I Boston legal dvd
just love the combination between art and science, I guess. So I don't know, but then I started doing plays in high school and really loved it and considered it as a profession as I got later in high school."
Did the older sister, younger sister dynamicThe unite dvd box set
play a role on the set at all?
Zooey: " It's more like it was Emily's set, so I was happy to be working for her to some degree, I guess. You're �Golden�Girls�dvd�
a producer on the show, so--"
Emily: "I guess that's true. You are performing--you're one of my favorite employees."
Zooey: "Thanks. So, it was actually really very smooth and I had a great time. I loved working with Emily. It was really fun"
Do you follow each other's work closely?
Zooey: "I think we try to do asEntourage dvd
much as we can. Emily, obviously, being on a show, there's so much more output. I mostly Greys Anatomy dvd
do movies, so it's like I'll come out with something like once or twice a year and Emily has something on every week. So it's a lot to keep up with, but I try the best I can."
Emily: "And I try to see pretty much everything Zooey does. Some things are harder to see because they're either--they only have a limited release or whatever. We're supportive, but not fanatical."
Are there any other successful sibling sisters that you guys admire, siblings or sisters?
Zooey: "Dylan Fontaine and--"
Emily (interrupting): "They did The office dvd
not get along, though. The Kardashians, of course."
Zooey: "The Olsen twins."
Emily: "That's such anOne tree hill dvd
interesting question--I'm trying to think, there'sCriminal Minds dvd
the Arquettes. They're cool. We like them. I don't know. My mind goes blank."
Zooey: "I like those sisters who design Rodarte. They're cool."

lady_trekkie
Crewman

PostSun Jan 03, 2010 2:22 pm    

lord_picard wrote:
I ended up going with an episode from TNG "The Outcast" that the one where Riker falls in love with Soran, who is from a race with no gender. That in my opinion was the best love story episode i could think of. Especially the end where Riker tries to get her to come with him, but since they messed up her mind, she told him no.. Rikers final words to her 'but Soran.. i love you' and her responce back 'i'm sorry'.. just wow, writers should have won some kind of award for that piece of work.

what a good episode to pick. i'lm sure you'll have no problem writing about it

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: