Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:57 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Should Tuvok have left the series?
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: Voyager This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
KateMulgrewfan1
Senior Cadet

PostSat Sep 20, 2008 4:53 pm    Should Tuvok have left the series?

Do you think Tuvok deserved to stay on Voyager?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Reply with quote Back to top
squiggy
Stooge Two

Location: Messing with the fabric of Video Game realities. I'll summon Shiva on you! I SWEAR!

PostSun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 am    

Definetely. While he didn't appear to be a pivotal character, it became apparent ((especially in the last episode)) how much he meant to the Captain. It was a good thing he stayed on, imho.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Sara_Chakotay
Ensign

PostFri Jan 02, 2009 10:52 am    

no but everybody hated him or laughed at him the whole time so yes

Lord Borg
Fleet Admiral

PostSun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 am    

Hell yes he should have stayed, and he should have booted Janeway and Chakotay's asses off the ship for being such idiots. He was more then capable of making judgment calls, and was not afraid to tell Janeway she was wrong, and then stand his ground about it. He also went out of his way to protect the crew through personal risk to himself, not the entire ship (well, i most cases), and was not afraid to exploit a chance on getting closer to home if he felt people wouldn't be harmed because of it.

-------signature-------

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

ilikefire208
Lieutenant Commander

PostSun Jan 04, 2009 3:10 am    

i agree...tuvok was a pivotal character, and quite humorous at times like when he and tom paris we stuck in san franisco , and stole the dodge ram, and running around in 1996 i believe it was with good ol capt braxton

mythulto
Crewman

PostThu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am    

Tuvok was a great character! It would have been a crime if he left the show. I'm still upset about Kes leaving.

Debra
Sweetest Angel

PostThu Jan 08, 2009 3:47 am    

Tuvok may have annoyed me by hearing him talk, but no he shouldn't have left the series because of his logic.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
RobertBeltranFAN
Ensign

PostFri Jan 16, 2009 7:29 pm    

Tuvok should totally have stayed on. I mean he is one of the best characters, and without killing him how would they explain why he left. He would never leave the captain or Voyager. And I know he wnated to see his family again.

Sonic74205
Rear Admiral

PostSat Jan 17, 2009 4:14 pm    

He definatly should have left. He is without doubt my least favorite vulcan. Either the directing for tim russ was bad or he just doesnt have a clue what a vulcan is or how to act in that role.

Tuvok, Harry, Tom, Neelx & The Doctor should have left to make way for characters and actors that are actually GOOD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Puck
The Texan

PostSat Jan 17, 2009 9:25 pm    

Sonic74205 wrote:
He definatly should have left. He is without doubt my least favorite vulcan. Either the directing for tim russ was bad or he just doesnt have a clue what a vulcan is or how to act in that role.

Tuvok, Harry, Tom, Neelx & The Doctor should have left to make way for characters and actors that are actually GOOD

I can agree with Harry and even moreso with Tom( ugh! ). But, The Doctor was one of my favourite characters (and I thought he was the best actor out of the bunch)! Neelix was even pretty amusing.

IntrepidIsMe
Pimp Handed

PostSat Jan 17, 2009 10:05 pm    

Isn't that like... half the cast?

-------signature-------

"Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."

-Wuthering Heights

milan
Lieutenant Commander

PostMon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm    

I think Tuvok is great. He adds another colour to the palette. With all the characters torn apart by emotions he is a refreshing character with his "logic dictates" speeches. I wish there were more people like him in real life. I really enjoy Tuvok as a character.

29th Century Starfleet
Sophomore Cadet

PostWed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 pm    

Sonic74205 wrote:

Booted from the show no way. There have been far worse actors than Tim Russ on Trek over the years. Robert Picardo is by far the most accomplished actors on Voyager. I can imagine he might have been the highest paid next to Janeway as well. Not sure but I will look into this.

ninja420
Freshman Cadet

PostThu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 am    

hell no.

voyager would have crashed into a star without tuvok. Tuvok was the only sense of reason with in the command structure. Everyone hated him yes but that was because whenever a stupid liberal decision was made by the captin tuvok always came in with the vulcan logic. Tuvok had so many vulcan punch lines in the show it was so funny.

I would never have watched with out tuvok. infact i rewatch the vulcan episodes the most

Zimmerman's Hollogram
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostTue Sep 08, 2009 3:24 pm    

Star Trek, without a Vulcan?! That's blasphemy!

Captain Digness
Commander

PostTue Nov 17, 2009 12:54 pm    

HAHHAHAHA no tuvok he was the best. Its like asking for a double cheese with no cheese

robbiewebster
Rear Admiral

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 am    

Tuvok was great, there's no reason he shouldn't have been there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Fluidian
Crewman

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 11:15 pm    

Do you wish Tuvok left the series? Are you kidding me? He was great! His subtleties were hilarious. Remember his little smirk when he was about to fire and commit genocide on The Kyrians (false re-creation of course) in the episode "Living Witness"; or his funny laugh (with his goatee) when he was with the two Harry Kims in the turbolift in the episode "Author Author"; or his performance in "Meld". He played an incredible Vulcan in the traditional fashion as well, and he was laugh out loud funny at times. The funniest (and subtle) exchange was in "Waking Moments":

Janeway: Tell me more about your dream. Where exactly did you see the alien?
Tuvok: As a matter of fact, it was here in the turbolift.

Janeway: What happened?
Tuvok: The alien simply stared at me, as if scrutinizing my appearance.

Janeway: That's what happened in my dream. What did you do?
Tuvok: I returned to my quarters.

Janeway: Well, did the alien follow you?
Tuvok: He did.

Janeway: And then???
Tuvok: He watched me.

Janeway: Doing what?
Tuvok: Getting dressed.

Janeway: *Getting dressed?
Tuvok: Yes.

Janeway: I don't suppose I should ask why you were undressed?
Tuvok: I would prefer that you didn't.

LOL!

Come on; getting rid of Tuvok; that's crazy! He was amazing.

Lynx
Lieutenant Commander

PostSun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 pm    

No one should have left the series. They were all good characters.

Tuvok is a great character and TimRuss did a good job in portraying him.

Janeway74656
Sophomore Cadet

PostFri Jan 29, 2010 6:16 pm    Heck no, he shouldn't go!

Without Tuvok, "Endgame" would have been robbed of one of its most bittersweet moments, when Admiral Janeway kisses poor demented Tuvok goodbye.

JANEWAY: Tuvok, there's something I need to tell you. It's very important. I'm going away and I may not see you again. Commander Barclay and the Doctor will continue to visit. They'll bring you anything you need.TUVOK: The Doctor comes on Wednesdays. Commander Barclay's visits are erratic.JANEWAY: Good-bye, Tuvok.

Without Tuvok, "Year of Hell" would have been robbed of its sweetest moment.

TUVOK: Curious. I have never understood the human compulsion to emotionally bond with inanimate objects. This vessel has done nothing. It is an assemblage of bulkheads, conduits, tritanium, nothing more.
JANEWAY: Oh, you're wrong. It's much more than that. This ship has been our home. It's kept us together. It's been part of our family. As illogical as this might sound, I feel as close to Voyager as I do to any other member of my crew. It's carried us, Tuvok, even nurtured us. And right now it needs one of us. TUVOK: I respect your decision. Live long and prosper, Captain. JANEWAY: Same to you, old friend.

Tuvok was more the the requisite Vulcan on a Starfleet ship, he was her friend.

Zimmerman's Hollogram
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostFri Jan 29, 2010 6:31 pm    

Fluidian and Lynx: You took the words right out of my mouth!!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: