Friendly Star Trek Discussions Tue May 21, 2024 3:47 pm  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Local Rules
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Chit Chat This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
Vortex
Squeak Attack

PostThu Mar 20, 2003 4:27 pm    Local Rules

In addition to or reiterated from StarTrekVoyager.Com Forum Rules:

� Topics that discuss an event
    For example your birthday, mothersday or anything similar will be locked if the events is further then a week away. When the period named here is reached, ie. within a weeks time, you may PM me to reopen your topic.

� Old topics
    Topics where the last reply was approximately half a year ago will be locked. This is to prevent bumping of old topics by members. If however you'd like to have one of those topics reopened, please pm me with a valid reason.

� Check for topic validity
    Before you post a topic make sure you are posting it in the correct forum. This saves the moderators from having to move your topic to the correct forum. Ie. when discussing a website, do that in the "Around the web" forum.

� No spamming
    Purposely and/or excessively spamming/posting the message board with frivolous, senseless, vacuous, or empty messages to gain higher rank is highly frowned upon!

This includes such things as party posts, chain letters, two-word "I agree", "LOL" or "me too" responses, continually posting the same topic on a particular forum, posting the same question across several forums, quoting someone without a response, advertisements, chain letters, and pyramid schemes.

No starting topics that say, "Hey, look here!", or things like that.

No starting a new topic directed to one person, such as, "This is for Maquis." That's what the PM feature is for.

No starting new topics for every thought you may have, i.e., "It rained today", or, "I got in an accident and wrecked my car". While you may have something of value to say, please look and see if there is already an exsisting place where you can say it.

Please do not respond to spammers. Responses will be deleted along with the spam.

When you start a new topic, please *try* to use the search feature and see if there is already a topic along the same lines as what you wish to post. e.g., today, we had a duplicate of "What is your favorite food". It was quickly and easily taken care of, but if you could just take a few seconds to check, it would be greatly appreciated.

� No trolling, flaming and bashing
    Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated here. Treat other users and their opinions on these message boards as you would expect them to treat you and your opinions -- with respect. Talking trash about another user is a quick way to earn a banning, as is posting topics specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling).

� No irrelevant posting
    Stick to the topic. Do not reply with something that doesn't have a thing to do with the topic. I understand that you could end up in a conversation within a topic, but as soon as you notice that take the conversation to one of the general chatrooms (Jaime's room or Sandrines).

� No gossip about other members
    It is not allowed to openly discuss other users in this forum. I will warn people when they do. This place is supposed to be a friendly place for discussion and not a "teatime" place to gossip about our members.

� No posts with sexual content
    This one should speak for itself. We have children at this site. Although the insinuation towards a sexual action 'can' be ignored, openly discussing this will lead anywhere between a topic locked and a warning.

� No Hijacking of topics
    Do not take control of topics and start discussing something else. When you feel the need to discuss a certain aspect in more detail start a new topic.

� No advertising
    We will not allow any advertisements in this forum. Ie. no RPG recruition, no website promotion. There are specific forums for that. Topics that don't comply with this will be locked and removed.

� No duplicate topics
    Please, before you post a new topic, look at the first two pages to see if there is a similar topic. This saves the Moderators having to choose between two topics. Most of the times, the last posted topic will be locked.

� No posts with suicide contents
    Sadly enough we need to have this rule. We will not allow topics or posts that imply anything suicidal. Those posts and topics will be removed very quickly and may result in a warning. We understand that some users may have problems, but this is not the place to discuss them.

Also users telling other people to commit suicide will be warned.

� No posts implying self inflicted harm
    Basically the same as the rule above. No posts or topics implying self-harm. Also here users can get warned.

� No other languages besides English to be used
    I (Vortex) am from Dutch origin and English is my second language. But these forums are English and to navigate this forum one needs to understand English. When one understands it, I am very sure he/she can post it too.

� Do not fuel arguements
    When you see two users (or a user and a moderator) in an arguement stay out of it. In the case it are two users, PM any mod/admin that is online and tell them that there is a 'situation' in one of the topics.

� Max of 3 pictures per post
    Not all users are on a broadband internet connection. Therefore a post with a lot of pictures can slow down their navigation. To overcome that post three pics per post as a maximum.

� Listen to warnings given by admin or moderators
    Although not all 'warnings' given by Moderators and Admin are Forum warnings, they need to be followed. When a moderator steps into a topic and ends a certain discussion, you are not expected to continue your discussion.

� No new general chatrooms except with prior permission of the forum moderators.
    We have two chatrooms here that are for general discussion (Jaime's room and Sandrines) All your small time posting, chatting and short time discussion can take place there. If you want to start one, you need prior permission from the forum moderators.

No new general chatrooms are allowed here until further notice.

� Don't disrespect the moderator
    We will warn (Forum warning) people that openly disrespect any moderator. Moderators at STV are not paid and they solely do their job out of passion for this site. I am not asking you to start liking all mods, but when a warning (not a forum warning) is issued by a moderator I expect you to follow up that warning.

For example off-topic posts are frowned upon and at a certain stage a moderator will cut in, to direct a certain topic back into it's original path. When the user replies with a or any sarcastic comment for that matter the supermod, admin or I, will issue a General Forum Warning.

The Judgement of a moderator is final as far as the public forum is concerned. If you dissagree, you can take it up with the adminisration of this site via the PM system.

� Adhere to the rules you agreed on when you registered
    When you registered to STV.com you've agreed to follow the general forum rules. Make sure you do that

Note - A moderator can issue two types of warnings at STV.com.

1. A general warning. This is not a severe warning, only an indication to the user(s) that a rule is broken. Ignoring these warnings can lead to the other type.

2. A forum warning. Currently a three strike pollicy is in use at STV. Three forum warnings and you receive a ban (varying between a week and a permban).

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Vortex

Last edited by Vortex on Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:30 pm; edited 15 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostWed Jul 30, 2003 2:57 pm    

Due to the recent amount of contests/polls, this rule is being added.

ONE contest at a time. The contest will run no longer than a week.

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostMon Aug 04, 2003 6:31 pm    

Topics about specific TV shows belong in Sci Fi, Fantasy & Drama.

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostTue Mar 16, 2004 10:04 pm    

^^!!ATTENTION!!^^

As the above post says, topics dealing specifically with a show, etc.. belong in Sci-fi, Fantasy and Drama.

-------signature-------

Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with our scars

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostTue Aug 10, 2004 1:00 pm    

For the time being, no "ask (insert name here)" topics. We are working on a way to have them, w/out having over five thousand of them.

Thank you.

-------signature-------

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostFri Mar 25, 2005 5:16 pm    

DO. NOT. RESPOND. TO. SPAMMERS.

This is also in the STV Global rules.

-------signature-------

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostSun Jun 12, 2005 4:25 pm    Re: Local Rules

� No posts with suicide contents
    Sadly enough we need to have this rule. We will not allow topics or posts that imply anything suicidal. Those posts and topics will be removed very quickly and may result in a warning. We understand that some users may have problems, but this is not the place to discuss them.

Also users telling other people to commit suicide will be warned.

Lest we forget. Again.

Music topics belong in SF,F&D, thanks.

-------signature-------

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: